THE YOOJUNG TIMES

yoojungtimes.com

골수기증자를 애타게 찾는 재미한인동포 존씨의 사연

골수기증자를 애타게 찾는 한인동포 존씨의 사연

April 27, 2022

미주한인동포 존씨는 전직 FBI요원 이며 해군사관학교2학년인 딸을 둔 아빠이다. 현재 골수기증자를 애타게 찾고 있다. 미국에 계신 한인동포로서 특히 만 18세에서 40세 미만이신분의 도움을 기다리고 있다.

존씨는 항암치료가 끝나면 골수이식(BMT)으로 치료를 굳건히 해야 한다. 불행히도 아직도 가족이나 혈연이 아닌 기증자를 통해 일치하는 골수항목이 발견되지 않았다.

맞는 골수를 찾을 수 있는 가장 좋은 가능성은 아시안 기부자로 부터이다. 문제는 합당한 골수 매치 풀에 아시아인 기증자가 많지 않기 때문에 적확한 골수 매치를 찾을 가능성은 아시아인의 경우 47%에 불과하다. 아시안들의 골수기증 참여가 늘어나야 치료를 위한 매치 확률이 높아진다. 따라서 재미한인동포들의 매치 등록의 참여(joining Be The Match registry) 여부가 관건이다.

아래는 아내가 영문으로 도움을 요청하는 글이다.

*참여 정보:

https://my.bethematch.org/John

or Text John to 61474.

-------------------------------
My daughter Hannah is in the class of 2024.
I’m not sure if this is the proper forum, but I did receive the gracious support of Megan Jang to do so.

I am reaching out to as many people as I can because my husband John, needs your help.  After an unusual series of medical issues, he was diagnosed with subcutaneous panniculitis-like T cell lymphoma (SPTCL) in the fall of 2021.  His SPTCL triggered a condition called Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) which is a hyper inflammatory state. Having The combination of SPTCL and HLH unfortunately gives him a much poorer prognosis. 

Upon completion of his chemotherapy, he needs to solidify his treatment with a bone marrow transplant (BMT). Unfortunately, no match has been found through family or an unrelated donor.

John’s best chance to find a match is from a donor of Asian decent.  Due to the fact that there are not as many Asian donors in the match pool, the likelihood to find match is only 47% for Asians.

If you are willing and able to get tested to see if you could possibly be a match for John or another patient in need, please consider joining Be The Match registry.  It is as easy as a quick cheek swab. Please see details below.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO FORWARD/POST THIS TO ANYONE/ANYWHERE YOU THINK WOUKD BE HELPFUL

To join…
click on https://my.bethematch.org/John or Text John to 61474.
Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand

미국 LA, 세월호 참사 10주기 추모집회 열려
우리학교와 함께하는 동포모임-구량옥 변호사 초청 강연
세월호 참사 10주기 LA 추모제
등록된 글이 없습니다.