THE YOOJUNG TIMES

yoojungtimes.com

• 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기

고 배정웅 시인의 마지막 시2편 (영문번역)

만년필에 관한 몽상 / 여자미라

만년필에 관한 몽상

배정웅

언젠가 “한 마리 악어가 산다는 푸른 잉크”를 찍어 쓰는 만년필 속에서 야생의 짐승떼로 명시가 쏟아져 나오는 꿈을 꾼 적이 있다. 그 꿈속의 시구절은 전혀 생각나지도 않지만 꿈속에서도 사람들이 가히 무릎을 칠만 했다. 그날 이후 나는 좋은 만년필이 좋은 시도 빚을 것이라는 하나의 몽상 같은 것을 막연하게나마 신봉하게 되었다. 정말 색색 타투같이 인간의 몸과 영혼 속에 영원으로 각인되는 그런 시 한줄 쓰고 싶었다. 그래서 괜찮은 만년필 한 자루를 어렵사리 구해 종이를 앞에 놓고 경건하게 무릎까지 꿇었을 때 아아 더욱 아득해지고 아득해진 백지의 늪이여, 하얀 드레스의 신부여. 만년필은 꽃피는 청춘의 한때와 함께 부질없이 저문 내 무엇처럼 금세 불임의 괴물로 화에 있었다. 훨훨 춤추며 빛을 내는 하늘의 별 같은 한 줄의 시를 분만하려는 한 인간의 의지를 어찌 저버린단 말인가. 남국의 햇볕에 그을린 것 같은 검고 길고 차디찬 만년필의 몸이 손가락 사이에서 마른 풀대처럼 나붓대고만 있었을 뿐. 그로부터 나는 만년필이 없어도 시가 없어도 *차랑고가 대신 울어주는 이 세상의 끝 마을, 아무도 모르는 그곳으로 미친 듯이 미친 듯이 달려가고 싶었으니.

*송찬호의 시에서 차용
*차랑고/따뚜짐승의 등가죽으로 만든 남미 인디오의 악기

Daydreaming About Fountain pen

Chung-woong Bae

Someday, I dreamed great poems were pouring out from a fountain-pen as if “an alligator lives in the blue ink" as I wrote the pen is specified by a herd of wild beasts. Even the poem’s single phrase could not recollect in my memory, it deserved to be a hilarious hits on people’s knee in dreaming. Since that day, I vaguely believed such a good visionary fountain-pen would be made out possible to a good poem. I really wanted to write a single line as much colorfully tattooed as engraved on the human body and soul for eternity. When I hardly obtained a good fountain-pen that was laid in front of paper, I had to kneel down reverently. Oh, oh! I felt either was falling into darken with looms swamp, or was calling a white dressed bride. Alas! The fountain-pen was as if in the blooming flowers of youth, but in vain as quickly as to be a reincarnated monster’s nut of infertility. How come to be denied with a human’s will when the stars in the sky were glowing and dancing like as you wanted to delivering a line of poetry. As if sun-tanned of Southland, long and dark colored body of the fountain-pen was moving like dried herbs were quivering between fingers. Since then though I had not possessed the fountain-pen or poetry, I want to go crazy to the end of world as no one know such a secrete place that could be cried out instead of ‘Charango’.

*word reference from poet Chan-ho Song’s - “a una bandurria ‘charango’”
* ‘Charango’: a small Andean guitar traditionally made from an armadillo shell.

Translated English by Heung Keun Sim
번역: 심흥근 기자

*여자미라

배정웅

---귀향
수년 전 아르헨티나의 남단 라 뿔라따 시 박물관에서
여자 미라를 만났다

부끄러운 데를 가리던 마지막 수의는
시간의 풍화에 잠자리 날개처럼 얇아지고 삭아지고
몸은 작은 처녀아이 크기로 쫄아들어 있었다.

멀고 먼 남쪽 나라
낯설고 말 다른 남의 땅에
우리 할메가 왜 이리 서럽게 고요하게 누워있나 싶었다

할메야 할메야 어서 천년이든 만년이든 죽음의 잠을 깨소
바다 건너 집으로 돌아 가게
집으로 돌아 가게.

*여자 미라/ 남미 원주민으로 우리와 모습이 흡사함

Granny Mummy

Chung-woong Bae

--- Homecoming
A few years ago, I met a woman mummy in La Plata Museum whereas at the end of southern Argentina.

Her waxed cloth for wrapping cerement covered to a shameful end with the melancholy relics as if thin as a dragonfly wings were weathering as times go by, and at the body’s length was exposed to as much little as virgin kids.

Faraway of Southern country 
Other’s land of different language and unfamiliar 
Why our grandma laid here so sorrowfully as her facial contour’s still 

Grandma, grandma please awake from the sleep of death illusion, whether one thousand years or ten thousand years to come.
Like that we shall back to home across the sea
Returning to home

*La Plata: a port in Argentina, on the Plate River (Río de la Plata) southeast of Buenos Aires; population 654,800
*The indigenous Latino mummy’s facial contour looks after our Koreans’

Translated English by Heung Keun Sim
번역: 심흥근 기자

Chung Woong Bae: Poet Mr. Bae was born in Busan, in Republic of Korea. He began his literary career as a poet in 1968, as publishing a collection of poems titled ‘15miles Northwest of Saigon’, and receiving a recommendation from Hyundae Literature, His other collections of poetry are: “The wind Drawn from the Well (1977). ‘Birds Didn’t Sing in Peru (1999). ‘Bandoneon Cried for a Long Time (2007). Mr. Bae received the 10th Overseas Korean Literature Award and currently serves as publisher of ‘Mijushihak’.

* 사진촬영) 심흥근 기자
2012 중앙 신인문학상 시상식에서 배정웅 시인 심사평 모습

Comments

Facebook Twitter GooglePlus KakaoStory NaverBand

미국 LA, 세월호 참사 10주기 추모집회 열려
우리학교와 함께하는 동포모임-구량옥 변호사 초청 강연
세월호 참사 10주기 LA 추모제
등록된 글이 없습니다.